Situated on 70 hectares of private land in the rolling hills of the Luberon Regional Park, Chateau de Sannes dates back to the 17th and 18th centuries and carries a rich history alongside its masterful renovation. With stunning gardens and an air of true Provencal luxury, this chateau is perfect for those wishing to fully relish in the richness of the region.
About Chateau de Sannes
Sleeping accommodation — up to 32 guests
The property as a whole is comprised of three buildings – The Main Chateau, The Farmhouse, and The Maison d’Amis – and can therefore be customized to each individual group’s needs as either a 7- 9- or 15-bedroom retreat. When rented alone as a 7-bedroom Chateau only, the farmhouse and maison d’amis are simply closed. The property is rented privately to only one group.
Main Chateau – Sleeps up to 14 Guests:
- Second Floor = 4 en-suite Bedrooms
- Third Floor = 3 en-suite Bedrooms
The Farmhouse – Sleeps up to 12 Guests:
- Second Floor = 6 Bedrooms + 4 Bathrooms
Maison d’Amis – Sleeps up to 5 Guests:
- Ground Floor = 1 en-suite Bedroom
- Mezzanine Floor = 3 single beds (twinable) + 1 bathroom
Situated in the Luberon Regional Park, near one of the most beautiful villages in the region. This is the most splendid protected environment in the midst of vineyards, lavender fields and rolling hills.
- 25 minutes distant from Aix en Provence and its TGV railway station,
- 50 minutes from MARSEILLE-PROVENCE international airport,
- 1 hour from the Mediterranean Sea.
Available for weekly, daily or weekend rentals, by individual building or entire property.
- Entry and departure cleaning
- House Keeper / Governess working 6 hours Monday to Saturday
- Daily housekeeping : one maid for Castle + one maid for Farmhouse / each working 6 hours a day Monday to Saturday
- Linen and towel change in each room every three days and in case of special needed change
- Maintenance of exterior spaces by full time gardener
- Intervention from the property management when needed
Services à la carte
- Activities and excursions
- Personal laundry services
- Private jet / Helicopter shuttle service
- Private chauffeur service
- Private coach, massage, therapist services
- Baby sitter
- Lift / Elevator
THE MAIN CHATEAU – 7 Bedrooms
The main chateau is in fact an XVIIth and XVIIIth Century Castle, built between 1635 and 1707 and thought to have originally been used as a hunting lodge before transitioning into the castle it is today.
Guests are surrounded by breathtaking views of vineyards, lavender fields and truffle oaks, as well as a small olive grove and superbly landscaped formal gardens. The resulting atmosphere is truly enchanting.
A long driveway flanked by tall platane trees guide you to the Chateau, which has been completely restored ensuring XVIIth century architectural respect. A beautiful alignment of mullioned windows and stone frames, highlighted by the intricately carved front door, welcomes you into the interior of the chateau where 1000 square meters of living space is found.
Two spectacular pools are found here as well – One uniquely positioned within the historical Orangerie, offering a fantastic indoor experience with walled windows; and a second located outdoors overlooking the gorgeous views of the surrounding hills.
A delightful vaulted chapel with beautiful carved gate dating back to 1661 can also be found adjoining the main Chateau.
THE FARMHOUSE – 6 Bedrooms
The former stone farmhouse of the domain is found situated on a hillside just behind the Main Chateau. Also dating back to the XVIIIth century, it is comprised of around 600 square meters of living space, all in impeccable condition, to welcome added guests as needed.
An independent swimming pool within the Farmhouse gardens also offers added options for larger groups to enjoy the Provence sunshine.
The ground floor here houses a spacious entrance hall leading to a large vaulted sitting room with fireplace, and television room, a superbly well-fitted kitchen with dining room, as well as a games room, boiler room, laundry and independent garage.
All six beautiful bedrooms and four bathrooms are found on the second level of the farmhouse.
MAISON D’AMIS – 2 Bedrooms
An additional charming guest house is found near the château, which has been spectacularly converted from the former Chateau stables. Approximately 100 square meters of living space is found here, also in perfect condition with sitting room, kitchen, two bedrooms and two bathrooms all on the ground floor level.
THE CARETAKER’S HOUSE
Available for staff only if needed, please inquire
Located next to the Chateau on one level, this space is comprised of a kitchen, living room, and bedroom with shower room; available only for staff member if needed.
- Air conditioning in all rooms (the 7 rooms of the castle, the 6 rooms of the farmhouse, the two rooms of the maison d’amis)
- Wifi broadband and Internet access, accessible from the main rooms of all three buildings and terraces
- Three swimming pools on the property: two at the Chateau, one inside and one outside, and the third located at the farmhouse,
- The indoor swimming pool can heated during the winter, upon request. The 2x outdoor swimming pools can be heated upon request from April to October.
- Billard room with Charles X French billiard table from 1850, in lemon wood, rosewood and cherry wood marquetry.
- Four garages next to the main Chateau
- Elevator lift with access to all the Chateau floors
- Electricity, telephone, gas central heating in the Castle and guest house,
- Alarm system
- Each of the property’s buildings has been completely restored and is in perfect condition.
- Wine grower’s house at the Northern entrance of the property.
- Gardener’s house of approximately 100sqm with shed for agricultural material.
- Behind the large guest house, old dovecote dominating the property.
- At the property’s entrance, old Windmill perfectly restored and in working condition.
- Three swimming pools on the property: two at the Castle, one inside and one outside with its two pool houses, another one for the farmhouse
- Wifi broadband and Internet access, accessible from the main rooms of the castle, the sheepfold and stables, and terraces.